The 2019 Photonics West Conference & Exhibition is returning to San Francisco’s Moscone Center on Feb. 2. Hosted by renowned International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE), this year’s five-day event is comprised of the BIOS Expo, the Photonics West Exhibition, and other exclusive sessions. United Lens Company (ULC) returns as a seasoned exhibitor of Photonics West. To learn more about our capabilities and products, visit one of our representatives at Booth 1467, South Hall on the Moscone Exhibit Level.
Photonics West is widely considered the premier event of the photonics, optics, and laser industries. With each event, SPIE works in tandem with top-level professionals to provide attendees with product insight and unique networking experiences.
SPIE invites 2019 attendees to “see the future,” as this event offers more in-depth demonstrations of cutting-edge photonics technologies. On Feb. 2, Photonics West begins with the BIOS Expo—the largest biophotonics and biomedical exhibition in the world—where attendees will view product demonstrations from 200 leading healthcare and medical solution companies.
- How to use Ibsen Photonics’ free spectrometer design tool, Dr. Thomas Rasmussen (Ibsen Photonics)
- QuadriWave Interferometry with SID4Bio: Quantitative, Valentin Genuer (PHASICS Corp.)
- AcousticX: Portable and affordable solution for biomedical photoacoustic/ultrasound imaging, Dr. Mithun Kuniyil Ajith Singh (CYBERDYNE, INC.)
- Introducing a SMD series mini-spectrometer which is the smallest grating-based spectrometer, Dana Hinckley (Hamamatsu Corporation)
- Continuously variable filters for applications in spectroscopy, HIS and fluorescence diagnostics, Oliver Pust (Delta Optical Thin Film A/A)
- Biophotonic applications and their requirements on optical filters, Christian Katzer (Optics Balzers)
The Photonics West Exhibition—beginning Feb. 5—is geared toward photonics and laser devices, components, and integrated systems. This year, over 1,300 companies will be exhibiting (and demonstrating) their latest innovations to event attendees.
- Polaris-M software demonstration, Morgan Harlan (Airy Optics, Inc.)
- 3D printer for nano- and microfabrication, (Nanoscribe GmbH)
- Introducing the CELESTA Light Engine, Iain Johnson (Lumencor, Inc.)
- Advanced thermal management solutions for high power laser applications, Kim Fikse (Advanced Cooling Technologies)
- Optimizing illumination: Lasers over LEDs, Mark LaPlante (89 North)
Photonics West will also include the second annual AR VR MR Conference, which delves into the created worlds and business solutions of augmented, virtual, and mixed reality technology. This year’s conference features presentations from tech giants and developing companies, including: Google, Microsoft HoloLens, Facebook Reality Labs, Intel, HTC VIVE, LightSpace Technologies, DigiLens, and many others.
See the future at Photonics West 2019
Registration for the 2019 SPIE Photonics West Conference and Exhibition is currently open. Remember to visit ULC representatives at Booth 1467, South Hall on the Moscone Exhibit Level.