The 2019 LASER World of Photonics Exhibition and Congress is scheduled for June 24 – 27 and will be held in the Munich Trade Fair Centre in Germany. United Lens Company (ULC) will exhibit again at this biennial event, presenting its products and services in Hall B1, Booth 242.
The 2017 event drew in nearly 33,000 attendees representing 73 different countries. The exhibition featured over 1,200 notable photonics companies as well as 3,000 congress lectures and educational presentations.
LASER World of Photonics has grown in its scope and diversity since 2017. This year, the event will further emphasize the blend of research and technology; the goal is to promote consistent development within the photonics industry. LASER World of Photonics is now considered the leading photonics trade fair for components, systems, and applications.
According to Messe München, the facilitator of LASER World of Photonics, this event will offer insight on the “entire range of photonics solutions,” and will better strive to connect consumers with various global suppliers. This year’s Exhibition Sectors will include:
- Illumination and Energy
- Manufacturing Technology for Optics
- Biophotonics and Medical Engineering
- Lasers / Laser Systems for Production Engineering
- Imaging / Optics / Optoelctronics
- Measurement and Optical Measurement Systems
- Optical Information and Communication
- Start-up World (Entrepreneurial Ideas)
LASER World of Photonics will feature over 1,300 exhibitors representing both prominent and emerging companies in the industry. The updated Exhibitor Directory provides detailed information on connecting with exhibitors, products and services sorted by application, and at-a-glance product highlights.
World of Photonics Congress
The LASER World of Photonics event will also feature its renowned Congress, which includes seven distinct educational conferences with plenary and joint sessions.
- CLEO®/Europe – EQEC 2019: The European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics will discuss trending developments of lasers and photonics while the European Quantum Electronics Conference delves into the fundamentals of quantum optics.
- Lasers in Manufacturing: LiM 2019 focuses on current and future trends of laser material processing. Includes sub-conferences for macro and micro applications, and additive manufacturing.
- EOS Optical Technologies: Organized by the European Optical Society (EOS), Optical Technologies will cover two sub-conferences—Manufacturing of Optical Systems (fabrication and testing) and Optofluidics (integrating optics and microfluidics).
- Imaging and Applied Optics: The Optical Society (OSA) provides a wide-ranging view of modern advances in imaging and applied optical sciences, including challenges within medical and military applications.
- Digital Optical Technologies: This conference covers trends of recent technologies, including 3D sensors, light sources, immersive multimedia, and digitally designed or fabricated products.
- Optical Metrology: Organized by SPIE Europe, this conference focuses on new research in measurement systems, inspection, and videometrics.
- European Conferences on Biomedical Optics: ECBO is a joint effort between SPIE and OSA, and will discuss basic science, applications, and new technology within the fields of molecular imaging, advanced microscopy, laser-tissue interactions, and several others.
Tickets and vouchers for the 2019 LASER World of Photonics event are currently available. ULC representatives will be providing product information at Booth 242, Hall B1 within the Munich Trade Fair Centre.
Since she first joined ULC, Lauren Sylvia impressed her colleagues with her inquisitive mind. She continually worked to build her technical knowledge to better aid ULC’s customers and employees. Her dedication and commitment to excellence is impressive, and for her contributions to the company, Lauren Sylvia has become ULC’s newest Sales Office Manager.
Lauren is from New Bedford, Massachusetts and grew up in Westport. The majority of her childhood was spent at the beach, experiencing the ocean and what it had to offer. Lauren attended Westport High School, and after graduating she planned to enlist in the Air Force.
Her decision to enlist was based on several world events occurring at the time, as well as a cultural presence of military within her family. Throughout her life, Lauren’s family had instilled the importance of helping others and serving her country. Lauren scored in the top level of the ASVAB military application test and she aspired for a security or intelligence assignment. Unfortunately, she had to change those plans due to critical asthma concerns.
Lauren’s first job out of high school was at a trucking company—her responsibilities included billing, scheduling, and data entry. She excelled at that position, but it was too much to juggle while working two jobs and several shifts. Lauren left that position to work in the local post office, which provided more balance in her life. The transition almost felt natural as Lauren’s parents and both of her grandfathers also made a lifetime career with the United States Postal Service.
After some time at the post office, Lauren needed to have back surgery and had to give up her position. After recovering, Lauren spent three years at Aspen Aerogels in the Quality Control lab before joining ULC through a temp agency in May 2015.
Starting at ULC
Lauren first started at ULC in the office as an Order Entry Specialist. Order Entry includes an extensive review of purchase agreements between ULC and its customers. Lauren was at the front line of all important order information verifying its accuracy prior to production. She excelled quickly and was hired full time in August 2015. When Lauren became a full-time employee, she shifted her focus to learning and mastering quotes; she then started training others on quotes and the order entry process. Shortly after, she began training all of ULC’s new office employees.
As the Sales Office Manager, Lauren’s responsibilities are to oversee and manage the day to day workings of the Sales office—this includes quotes, orders, and making sure customers are responded to in a timely manner. Additionally, she manages the current staff and grows the team, which strengthens the Sales Office into a well-oiled machine.
Life Away from Work
Lauren lives close to the ULC shop with her boyfriend, Billy Morissette, who is a machinist. She’s close to Billy’s family, but enjoys visiting her own family—and the ocean—in Westport whenever she can. Lauren’s favorite activities include going on vacation cruises and freshwater bass fishing at Quabbin Reservoir during summertime.
Lauren is extremely personable and has cultivated strong relationships with many of our key accounts. Her ambition to always improve herself (and others) made her a perfect candidate for our Sales Office Manager. She has risen to every occasion, and we look forward to what she will accomplish in the years to come.