The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) will host the 2018 Photonics West event from January 27 to February 1 at the Moscone Center in California. Photonics West consists of unique conferences, several workshops and presentations, and exhibitions featuring top industry companies. United Lens Company (ULC) is featured at the upcoming Photonics West Exhibition and will be on the exhibition floor at Booth 1145.
Photonics West will gather specialists and consumers in the laser optics, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, and renewable energy fields to discuss the new products and developments impacting the photonics industry.
Conferences and Industry Events
2018 Photonics West will be the largest photonics technologies event in the world, offering three inclusive conferences. The conferences cater to a variety of industrial applications and interests.
- BIOS Conference (Biophotonics, Biomedical Optics, and Imaging) topics include Biomedical Optics, New Imaging Modalities, Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Biophotonics, Neurophotonics, Optogenetics, Biomedical Spectroscopy, Microscopy, and Imaging
- LASE Conference (Industrial Laser, Laser Source, and Applications) topics include Laser Manufacturing and Materials Processing, Micro-nano Packaging, Laser Resonators and Solid-State Lasers, Semiconductor Lasers and LEDS, and 3D Fabrication Technologies
- OPTO Conference (Optoelectronics, Photonic Materials and Devices) topics include Silicon Photonics, Nanophotonics, Optoelectronics, Photonic Crystals, Semiconductor Lasers, and Quantum Dots
Photonics West attendees will have access to several Industry Events—these informative sessions provide opportunities for engineers, researchers, CEOs, and customers to network and examine the industry’s latest trends. Several topics will be presented, including 3D Printing, Augmented, Virtual, and Mixed Reality, and the next generation of Fiber Technology. Additionally, SPIE and Photonics Media will be presenting the Prism Awards, which recognize the market’s most groundbreaking products.
The upcoming event will host two specific exhibitions. Photonics West, which focuses on laser technologies, and BiOs, which focuses on biomedical optics technologies. These exhibitions are well known throughout the world, and each year attracts more attendees. SPIE already expects 23,000 attendees and over 1,300 exhibitors in 2018.
The Photonics West event will include the following Featured Technologies:
- Laser accessories, systems, and other light sources
- Charged Coupled Devices (CCD) and Camera components
- Fiber optic equipment and systems
- Optical detectors and coatings
- High-speed imaging and sensing
- Optical materials and substrates
- IR sources and detectors
- Communication and Electronic imaging components
- Lenses, filters, positions, and mounts
- Metrology equipment
If you’re planning to attend, stop by and visit a ULC representative at Photonics West Booth 1145. We hope to see you there!