At ULC we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and the surrounding community. In order for everyone to remain healthy, safe, and successful, we all need to work together.
Given the current situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and all that is happening around the world, we wanted to reassure all of our customers, suppliers, and local community that we here at ULC are taking all necessary precautions to remain up and running while ensuring the safety of our employees and their families.
In a time like this where there is a lot of news coming at you from an overwhelming amount of media outlets, we feel it is important to talk about the facts. So, we would like to share some of the latest facts and advice given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on how to prepare your family and keep everyone healthy.
CDC recommendations on how to Prepare:
- Stay Informed: Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases. www.coronavirus.gov is always updated with the most recent facts from around the globe.
- Know the Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19: The CDC currently states that symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure, but possibly up to 28 days or more. Symptoms have presented as fever, cough, or shortness of breath. They also recommend that if you develop any emergency warning signs, such as difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure on your chest, or new confusion, to seek medical attention immediately.
- Take Steps for Those at Higher Risk: Know what additional measures those at higher risk should take – such as avoiding crowds, contacting your healthcare providers to ask them about obtaining extra necessary medications, and considering ways to get groceries brought to your house.
- Protect Yourself and Your Family: Implement steps to prevent illness, such as staying home when you are sick, proper hand washing, respiratory etiquette, and frequently cleaning touched surfaces daily.
- Create a Household Plan: Create a plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Stay Informed about Emergency Plans: Know about emergency operation plans for schools, workplaces, and for your individual household members.
*Please note that this advice above was taken from the CDC website, but conditions surrounding COVID-19 are changing rapidly. Therefore, please reference the CDC website and your other state, local, and national government outlets for continued updates.
One of the many such precautions that we have implemented here at ULC is that we will no longer be allowing entrance to our facility to anyone who is not an employee, and we have suspended all travel plans until further notice. We have also implemented new cleaning procedures for all machining areas and other commonly touched surfaces within our facility to help mitigate any health risks.
We are still operating at our normal capacity and have no immediate plans to alter our daily production operations. With that being said, given the volatility of the current situation and the ever changing daily events we have implemented our own Communicable Disease Plans internally and evaluate any changes daily.
We will continue to monitor developments around COVID-19 through advice and updates given by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control (ECDC), as well as our own state, local, and national government outlets.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything that we can help you with. We appreciate your continued patience and support in the days to come as we all work together to overcome this challenging time.
From our ULC family to yours, we wish that everyone stay safe and healthy.